Want to learn the scintillating samba-or the tantalizing tango? Sip sweet caipirinhas-or dry Argentine wines? Sunbathe on famous beaches-or soak in the beauty of neoclassical architecture? This getaway just south of the usual visits two of South America's most sizzling cities so you can do it all. With time in Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires, this sultry tour of South America combines the best of Brazil and Argentina, plus the opportunity to witness the thundering Iguassu Falls from the perspective of both countries. Guided sightseeing to the legendary sights is complemented by numerous opportunities to live like a local. This South America getaway includes an empanada cooking class, a private tango lesson, and a day on an authentic Argentine ranch where you can savor authentic cuisine, tap your foot to regional music, and even take the reins of a horse and channel your inner gaucho.Looking for the perfect introduction to sensational South America? How about the 'Meeting of the Waters' where the chocolate-colored Rio Negro flows alongside the yellowish Rio Solimoes without ever mixing. You'll also meet monkeys, catch piranhas, and explore a native caboclo village when you begin your tour of South America with a Monograms vacation package to Brazil's Amazon.
Call (201) 288-4330 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15134109
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Manaus||Welcome to Manaus! Meet your Monograms representative at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Amazon Jungle||MANAUS 'Meeting of the Waters' cruise. AMAZON JUNGLE Naturalist guided visit to a Jungle Island.(B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Amazon Jungle||AMAZON JUNGLE Nature walk led by a Naturalist. Visit to an Amazon village and a Monkey Jungle Reserve to learn about rehabilitating indigenous primates. Nighttime Naturalist led excursion to search for nocturnal life. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Rio de Janeiro||MANAUS Depart your Amazon jungle lodge for guided sightseeing of Manaus including the Opera House and a local market.RIO DE JANEIRO Fly to Rio de Janeiro. (B)|
|Day 5||Rio de Janeiro||RIO DE JANEIRO Free time this morning. At 3:30 pm, meet your Tour Director for a drive along Ipanema and Copacabana beaches. Cable-car ascent to the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain for a cocktail party to [LF] sample caipirinhas (the famous Brazilian rum drink). (B)|
|Day 6||Rio de Janeiro||RIO DE JANEIRO Guided sightseeing includes a scenic cog railway ride to see Christ the Redeemer statue atop Corcovado Mountain. Visit the Cathedral and see the Sambodromo, Carnival Parade location. Brazilian Churrascaria (traditional Portuguese BBQ) dinner at a local restaurant this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Rio de Janeiro||RIO DE JANEIRO Free day. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Rio de Janeiro with an optional excursion to Petropolis, (former summer palace of Emperor Dom Pedro II). This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 8||Iguassu Falls||RIO DE JANEIRO Fly to Iguassu Falls. IGUASSU FALLS Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide in Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side of the falls. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Iguassu Falls||IGUASSU FALLS Travel to the Argentine side of Iguassu Falls. Visit the rainforest via Ecological Jungle Train for a guided walking tour of the falls by a Local Guide. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B) |
|Day 10||Buenos Aires||IGUASSU FALLS Fly to Buenos Aires. BUENOS AIRES Orientation tour. (B)|
|Day 11||Buenos Aires||BUENOS AIRES Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a walking tour of La Boca and San Telmo districts. See La Casa Rosada (the President's Pink House); the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the Teatro Colon Opera House. Visit the burial site of Eva Peron at Recoleta Cemetery. Argentinean [LF] empanada cooking class. Private [LF] Tango lesson followed by Argentine steak dinner and Tango show. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Buenos Aires||BUENOS AIRES Scenic drive to the pampas to visit an [LF] Argentine estancia (ranch). Welcome reception includes empanadas, local beverages, and wine. Authentic Argentine lunch with live music, followed by a horseback ride or carriage ride and a gaucho (cowboy) horsemanship performance. (B,L)|
|Day 13||Buenos Aires||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments, starting at $490 (based on Miami, departure in January, 2021); or (2) intra-vacation air segments only. Required intra-vacation air segments: Manaus/Rio de Janeiro; Rio de Janeiro/Iguassu Falls; Iguassu Falls/Buenos Aires. Air prices were effective on July 14, 2020 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).