Enjoy a culinary journey to Rome, Sorrento, and Capri on this grand Southern Italy vacation. Spend three nights in Rome and two nights each in Capri and in the Sorrento area. Explore Italy's southern charms at a leisurely pace to discover ancient historic sites, spectacular scenery, and authentic Mediterranean cuisine. Start your foodie adventure in Rome with an included cooking masterclass, where you'll learn how to prepare an authentic sumptuous Italian meal-and get to enjoy it with your fellow travelers. On the quest for the most authentic pizza and legendary espresso coffee, visit Naples and enjoy a pizza lunch. Spend two nights on the legendary island of Capri. You may bump into some celebrities in the famous piazzetta! Spend time gazing at the mesmerizing water and enjoy the marvelous Mediterranean climate. You will be able to steal the hotel chef's secret 'torta caprese' recipe, so you will be able to impress your friends at home. In the laid-back town of Sorrento, take part in a gelato making experience and tasting in a local shop and see how real Italian ice cream is made. Enjoy an excursion to scenic Positano, on the Amalfi coast, and enjoy a local pastry and coffee along with spectacular views of the gulf. Following the natural course of the coastline, the winding road features coastal mountains plunging into the sea, dramatic cliffs, inlets, and bays interspersed with picturesque towns-all with the deep-blue water as the background.This affordable Cosmos Gourmet Italy tour offers value-minded travelers a unique and unforgettable vacation along with the opportunity to learn about Mediterranean cuisine.
Call (201) 288-4330 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15243624
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to start exploring this great city. Take advantage of your CosmosGO app to explore on your own before you meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers in the evening.|
|Day 2||Rome||This morning, wear an apron and become chef for a day. Attend a cooking class and learn how to prepare a sumptuous Italian lunch. Judge the results of your fruitful morning by sitting around a table enjoying this meal with your fellow 'masterchefs'. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure to discover the fascinating city of Rome. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Capri||Naples is the capital of espresso coffee and pizza, among many other delicacies. This morning you'll have the opportunity to see the main, highlights, including a stop to visit the St. Clair Monastery Cloister with a Local Guide. After the sightseeing tour, enjoy a pizza lunch at a restaurant. Later, take a short ferry ride to Capri, the legendary island of glitz and glamor.Today's Distance: 140 mi/ 225 km (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Capri||Enjoy free time to relax or discover this spectacular island on your own. On the optional island tour, focus on all the main sights and enjoy a light street food lunch of local specialties, as well as a limoncello tasting session. Tonight, after the included dinner, you will be served Torta Caprese for dessert. The hotel chef will explain how this special cake is made, and you will be able to 'steal' his personal recipe. (B,D)|
|Day 5||SORRENTO AREA||Take the ferry to Sorrento. Few places in the world match the very special charm of Sorrento. This picturesque resort overlooking the Bay of Naples boasts a marvelous climate, beautiful views, trendy shops and boutiques, interesting museums, and a vibrant nightlife. This morning, spend some time learning about gelato. There will be a demonstration on how gelato and sorbet are prepared, and some hints on how to make it at home. You will, of course, have the opportunity to taste some of the many flavors available in the shop. This evening, we suggest an optional dinner at a local farm, featuring dishes prepared with traditional ingredients.Today's Distance: 19 mi/ 30 km (B)|
|Day 6||SORRENTO AREA||Today, set off to discover the spectacular Amalfi coast, a winding coast with many clifftop villages and unbeatable views. Stop in jet-set favorite Positano, a pastel-colored cascade of chic boutiques and sun-kissed sunbathers. Savor a typical pastry with coffee as you admire the breathtaking shimmering bays.Today's Distance: 19 mi/ 30 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Rome||Say goodbye to the Sorrentine peninsula and drive back to Rome. Enjoy some time sightseeing on your own, or join the optional food tour to discover some hidden treasures of the capital city of Italy, as well as some of its signature gourmet specialities.Today's Distance: 165 mi/ 265 km (B)|
|Day 8||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).