Escape to Sicily for seven days of beauty, cuisine, and history-without the crowds you'd find in the high season. Begin in Palermo and meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. Spend the following day on a guided sightseeing tour of Palermo's ornate Piazza Bellini and Capo Market. See the stunning baroque features of the Church of the Immacolata, and visit the historic Palermo Cathedral. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Conca d'Oro in Monreale, and visit the 12th-century Norman Cathedral with its treasured byzantine mosaics.Walk through the 24-centuries-old Valley of the Temples with your Local Guide in Agrigento, visit Piazza Armerina's Villa Romana del Casale to admire the world's largest collection of Roman mosaics. In Syracuse, the birthplace of mathematician Archimedes, you'll take a guided visit to the archaeological site of the 5th-century-BC Greek Theater, Garden of Paradise, Ear of Dionysus, Altar of Hieron II, Roman Amphitheater, and the Cordmaker's Cave. Travel to Catania, where you'll sample Sicily's famous Arancino, and spend two nights on the spectacular Taormina Riviera, your base for a fascinating excursion to Mount Etna-the largest active volcano in Europe. Explore Taormina, and complete your Sicilian Escape with a fabulous farewell dinner at a local restaurant. You'll treasure the time spent exploring Sicily's famous sights and stunning scenery-without the crowds of the busy travel season on this spectacular guided tour of Sicily!
Call (201) 288-4330 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15593546
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Palermo||Welcome to Palermo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Palermo||Guided sightseeing features the ornate Piazza Bellini, Capo Market, the baroque Church of the Immacolata, and a visit to the CATHEDRAL. In Monreale, enjoy a panoramic view of the Conca d'Oro and a visit to the 12th-century NORMAN CATHEDRAL, famous for its 50,000 square feet of precious byzantine mosaics. (B) |
|Day 3||Agrigento||Arrive in Agrigento, where your Local Guide will take you for a spectacular walk through the magnificent VALLEY OF TEMPLES. Even travelers who have visited Athens and Delphi are awed by the gigantic yet graceful Greek structures that miraculously survived 24 centuries of tormented history.Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Syracuse||Drive to Piazza Armerina and visit the impressive VILLA ROMANA DEL CASALE, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Admire the largest and most complex collection of Roman mosaics in the world, including the famous 'bikini girls.' Stay overnight in Syracuse, birthplace of the mathematician Archimedes.Today's Distance: 143 mi / 230 km (B)|
|Day 5||Taormina Riviera||Enter the ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE for a guided visit of the 5th-century-BC Greek Theater, the Garden of Paradise, the Ear of Dionysus, the Altar of Hieron II, the Roman Amphitheater, and the Cordmaker's Cave. Continue to Catania and enjoy some free time in its historic center. You will be treated to [LF] an ARANCINO TASTING, one of Sicily's most famous street foods. Spend the next two nights on the Taormina Riviera.Today's Distance: 112 mi / 180 km (B)|
|Day 6||Taormina Riviera||In the morning enjoy an included excursion to MOUNT ETNA, the largest active volcano in Europe, followed by an orientation of hill-top Taormina. In the evening, a farewell dinner awaits at a local restaurant, the proper way to say, 'Arrivederci, Sicilia!' (B,D)|
|Day 7||Taormina Riviera||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Catania.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips tinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.