GLOBUS 2022: Celtic Highlights (GD)
13 Day Tour from Glasgow to Glasgow
Knobby knees? Skinny calves? Thick ankles? No matter here. You can show them off with pride on this tartan-filled tour through the kilted and Celtic countries of Scotland, Ireland, and Wales with the added bonus of England's postcard-perfect Lake District. Whether you're in search of heritage, haggis, rolling glens, or smooth Guinness, there's so much to discover on this Celtic tour of Britain and Ireland. Ancient castles? Check. Legendary lochs? Indeed. Sparkling seascapes and hallowed battlefields? You can bet your boots. Speaking of betting, you'll visit the Irish National Stud at Kildare, a working stud farm and the beating heart of Ireland's esteemed thoroughbred racehorse industry. From the storied cities to the tiny towns, you'll feel your own heart beat as you savor the deep-rooted traditions and customs of the Emerald Isle and the Scottish Highlands and Lowlands.
Call (201) 288-4330 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15593831
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Glasgow||Welcome to Glasgow! Free time the remainder of the day. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Glasgow-Fort William-Inverness||GLASGOW Orientation drive to see the 12th-century cathedral, university buildings, and Georgian squares.HIGHLANDS Scenic drive along Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, and Loch Linnhe.FORT WILLIAM See the gateway to Ben Nevis, the UK's highest peak.LOCH NESS Visit the legendary lake. (B,D) 178 mi / 286 km|
|Day 3||Edinburgh||CULLODEN Visit the Culloden Moor battlefield site and visitor center.BLAIR ATHOLL Visit Blair Castle. (B) 178 mi / 286 km|
|Day 4||Edinburgh||EDINBURGH Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the New Town, Old Town and a visit to Edinburgh Castle to see Scotland's Crown Jewels. Visit Holyrood Palace (when available, excluding August and other occasional dates). Free time in the afternoon.EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO Attend the world-renowned Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo performance. (Departures August 09, August16 and August 23 only). (B)|
|Day 5||EDINBURGH-GRETNA GREEN-GRASMERE, ENGLAND-LIVERPOOL||GRETNA GREEN See where the blacksmith would wed runaway couples.LAKE DISTRICT (a UNESCO World Heritage site ) Scenic drive.GRASMERE Visit Wordsworth's beloved village and [LF] try the original Grasmere gingerbread.LIVERPOOL Visit The Beatles Story. (B) 235 mi / 378 km|
|Day 6||Liverpool-North Wales-Dublin||NORTH WALES Scenic drive through Betws-y-Coed and Snowdonia National Park.Ferry crossing from Holyhead to Dublin. (B) 131 mi / 210 km|
|Day 7||Dublin||DUBLIN Orientation drive to see O'Connell Street, Georgian squares, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Trinity College. Free time. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Dublin with a dining experience at the famouse Guinness Storehouse. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 8||Killarney||KILDARE [LF] Visit the Irish National Stud.CASHEL See the Rock of Cashel, where St. Patrick preached.BLARNEY Visit the village renowned for its magical Kissing Stone with free time to explore.KILLARNEY Free time. (B,D) 231 mi / 372 km|
|Day 9||KILLARNEY-RING OF KERRY-ADARE-LIMERICK||RING OF KERRY Panoramic drive around the island's southwestern tip.ADARE Stop at the quaint village to see its pretty thatched cottages.LIMERICK Free time. (B) 167 mi / 268 km|
|Day 10||Limerick-Cliffs of Moher-Galway-Sligo||CLIFFS OF MOHER Visit 668-foot-high cliffs above the Atlantic Ocean.GALWAY Free time. (B,D) 188 mi / 302 km|
|Day 11||SLIGO-DERRY, NORTHERN IRELAND-GIANT'S CAUSEWAY-BELFAST||DERRY [LF] Walk on the city walls with a Local Guide.GIANT'S CAUSEWAY See more than 40,000 interlocking basalt columns formed millions years ago. (B,D) 187 mi / 301 km|
|Day 12||BELFAST-GLASGOW||BELFAST Visit Titanic Experience museum. Ferry crossing to Cairnryan on the west coast of Scotland. (B,D) 82 mi / 132 km|
|Day 13||Glasgow||GLASGOW Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).