GLOBUS 2022: South American Odyssey with Amazon & Peru (SGY)
26 days from Manaus to Lima
Call (201) 288-4330 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16580145
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 26 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Manaus||Welcome to Manaus! Meet your Monograms representative at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||MANAUS-AMAZON JUNGLE||MANAUS 'Meeting of the Waters' cruise. AMAZON JUNGLE Naturalist guided visit to a Jungle Island. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Amazon Jungle||AMAZON JUNGLE Nature walk led by a Naturalist. Visit to an Amazon village and a Monkey Jungle Reserve to learn about rehabilitating indigenous primates. Nighttime Naturalist led excursion to search for nocturnal life. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Rio de Janeiro||MANAUS Depart your Amazon jungle lodge for guided sightseeing of Manaus including the Opera House and a local market. RIO DE JANEIRO Fly to Rio de Janeiro. (B)|
|Day 5||Rio de Janeiro||RIO DE JANEIRO Free time this morning. At 3:30 pm, meet your Tour Director for a drive along Ipanema and Copacabana beaches. Cable-car ascent to the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain for spectacular views and a sunset cocktail party to [LF] sample caipirinhas (the famous Brazilian rum drink). (B)|
|Day 6||Rio de Janeiro||RIO DE JANEIRO Guided sightseeing includes a scenic cog railway ride to see Christ the Redeemer statue atop Corcovado Mountain. Visit the Cathedral and see the Sambodromo, Carnival Parade location. Brazilian Churrascaria (traditional Portuguese BBQ) dinner at a local restaurant this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Rio de Janeiro||RIO DE JANEIRO Free day. (B)|
|Day 8||RIO DE JANEIRO-IGUASSU FALLS||RIO DE JANEIRO Fly to Iguassu Falls. IGUASSU FALLS Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide in Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side of the falls. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Iguassu Falls||IGUASSU FALLS Travel to the Argentine side of Iguassu Falls. Visit the rainforest via Ecological Jungle Train for a guided walking tour of the falls by a Local Guide. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 10||Buenos Aires||IGUASSU FALLS Fly to Buenos Aires. BUENOS AIRES Orientation tour. (B)|
|Day 11||Buenos Aires||BUENOS AIRES Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a walking tour of La Boca and San Telmo districts. See La Casa Rosada (the President's Pink House), the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the Teatro Colon Opera House. Visit the site of Eva Peron's tomb at Recoleta Cemetery. Argentinean [LF] empanada cooking class. Private [LF] Tango lesson followed by Argentine steak dinner and Tango show. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Buenos Aires||BUENOS AIRES Scenic drive to the pampas to visit an [LF] Argentine estancia (ranch). Welcome reception includes empanadas, local beverages, and wine. Authentic Argentine lunch with live music, followed by a horseback ride or carriage ride and a gaucho (cowboy) horsemanship performance. (B,L)|
|Day 13||Bariloche||BUENOS AIRES Fly to Bariloche in Patagonia in the heart of Argentina's Lake District. BARILOCHE Orientation walk with a Local Guide includes city hall, Municipality Square clock tower, and chocolate factories. (B,D)|
|Day 14||Bariloche||BARILOCHE Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a scenic chairlift ride to Cerro Campanario summit for views of the Andean peaks, Llao Llao Peninsula, Lago Moreno, and Lopez Bay. Lunch at a local restaurant. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B,L)|
|Day 15||Puerto Varas||BARILOCHE [LF] Andes Lake crossing from glacial fjord Lago Nahuel Huapi to Puerto Blest. PUERTO BLEST Scenic drive through pine forests and mountains en route to Lago Todos los Santos. Catamaran cruise into Chile past Osorno Volcano, along Lago Llanquihue en route to Puerto Varas in Chilean Patagonia. (B,L,D)|
|Day 16||Santiago||PUERTO MONTT Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide includes seaport fish market and downtown. Fly to Santiago. (B,D)|
|Day 17||Santiago||SANTIAGO Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Government Palace, Plaza de Armas, San Cristobal Hill, and the Cathedral. Guided tour and tasting at Concha Y Toro Winery. (B)|
|Day 18||Santiago||SANTIAGO Free day before a farewell dinner this evening. (B,D) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Santiago with an excursion to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 19||SANTIAGO-LIMA||SANTIAGO Fly to Lima. LIMA Meet your Monograms representative. Free time this afternoon. (B)|
|Day 20||Lima||LIMA Guided sightseeing includes the Plaza de Armas, the Government Palace, Cathedral, and San Francisco Monastery. This evening, guided sightseeing of the Larco Herrera Museum, which houses the largest private collection of Pre-Columbian Peruvian art in the world, followed by dinner at the museum. (B,D)|
|Day 21||LIMA-CUSCO-SACRED VALLEY||LIMA Fly to Cusco. SACRED VALLEY Guided sightseeing includes a visit to Sacsayhuaman, Kenko Amphitheater, and Puca Pucara before time in the village of Pisac to visit the famous market. (B,L,D)|
|Day 22||SACRED VALLEY-MACHU PICCHU||SACRED VALLEY Visit to the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo and a local Peruvian home. Scenic ride on the Vistadome Train through the Urubamba Valley. MACHU PICCHU Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide. Dinner at your nearby hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 23||Cusco||MACHU PICCHU Second included entrance to Machu Picchu. Afternoon train to the Sacred Valley. Transfer to Cusco. CUSCO Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 24||Cusco||CUSCO Guided sightseeing includes the Cathedral, Santo Domingo Monastery, and a local market. (B,D)|
|Day 25||Lima||CUSCO Fly to Lima.LIMA Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 26||Lima||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).